Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35

Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35
An Old Classic

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Marine Survey and Insurance

I was able to find a marine surveyor here in Little Rock and he was unusually busy at this time of year but was able to squeeze me into his schedule.   Insurance companies require a survey before they will offer their coverage.  I was dealing with BoatUS Insurance company.  Before the survey they were only going to give me coverage up to $25,000.  After they accepted the survey, they upped their coverage to $50,000.  That will cover about half of what I have in the boat if it's totaled but I knew going into this project that this wasn't going to be a money making venture and I would certainly lose money. I will carry coverage insurance for at least a year to gain experience and will later adjust it as I see fit.  I am scheduled to move the boat the week of Nov. 27th.  I only have a 10 mile move from my house to Little Rock Yacht Club.  I am cutting it a bit close, but still plan to leave in the middle of January for my trip to the Bahamas.  It's getting very exciting indeed.

1 comment:

Resurrection of the Irish Rose said...

Congrats Pat. I have liability Insurance only through Progressive. I think $118 a year. I will get a survey some day but I'm still working on the improvements and would want her in all her glory before a survey.
You've done a fine job...Martin