I replaced the cutlass bearing but changed out the shaft diameter since I wanted to change from the original 30mm shaft to a 1 1/8 inch diameter shaft. The outside diameter of the cutlass bearing is 1 3/4 inches, which surprised me considering it was built in the land of metrics. Pic below:
I added an aluminum plate to the front of the anchor platform to keep anchors off of the wood. I notched the plate so the edges of the fortress anchor could fit in to hold it in place. Pic below:
Here is the front view of the hardtop and windshield. I used 1/4 inch thick lexan for the windows and trimmed them in teak and a little mulberry. Mulberry is very rot resistant and looks almost exactly like teak. I used silicone caulk to seal everything. Pic Below:
Here is the installed bow skene chock. They are nice Suncor hardware. Pic Below:
Here is the installed cherry tiller handle I milled out of a cherry log that I got from my neighbors yard. It had a natural curve in the trunk that allowed me to follow the grain to make the nice bend in the handle. Pic Below:
Looking forward and above at the hardtop. I added teak handles and trim on the aft end to keep water from dripping over the edge. The hardtop is finally completed. It was a lot of work but I think it turned out nice. All I have left now is installing the engine and rigging the boat at dockside. The engine, a Beta Marine 38, is ordered and should be here in a month. The sails, from Mack sails, are ordered and should be here soon too. I should have the boat in the water this Fall is all goes well.