Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35

Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35
An Old Classic

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Conduit for Mast Wires

I have read of boat owners drilling and riveting pvc conduit on the inside of the mast to run wires for lights and other instruments.  I really didn't want to drill holes so today I glued pvc conduit on the inside of the mast instead of using rivets.  I roughed up 8 areas on the pvc pipe about the size of a playing card 4 feet apart all on one side of the pipe.  As I pushed the pipe into the mast(lying with the bow side of the mast down) I applied a golf ball size glob of 3M 5200 on the roughed up areas on the top side of the pipe.  Keeping the globs of 5200 on the top side of the pvc pipe, I slid the pipe all the way into the mast.  When it was in the right position I turned it until the 5200 contacted the mast and gave it a little jiggle to set it in place.  We shall see how this works.
Cheers
Pat

No comments: